Imagine stabbing someone with this knife.
It would instantly cauterize the would, so the person wouldn’t bleed, so it’s not very useful.
if you want information it is
and above, in order, we see a gryffindor, a ravenclaw, and a slytherin
why would you stab a PERSON when you can have TOAST?
There’s the hufflepuff
- Granted Immortality – the character is given immortality. Gods and other high-magic beings will gift their mortal friends or pawns. Or perhaps the character has found a magical artifact or spell that will make them immortal. In other words, the character is born mortal, but becomes immortal. Examples: Nicholas Flamel (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone); Ganymede (Greek mythology); vampires (Twilight Saga); Jesus Christ (the Bible)
- Natural Immortality – the character is born immortal. Immortality is a characteristic of their race, whether by science, magic, or their genes. However, the character does age and stops maturing a little over the age of consent. (Although it would be interesting to have a culture of immortal three-year-olds or immortal ninety-year-olds.) Examples: elves (Lord of the Rings); Asgardians (Thor); Greek/Roman gods
DEGREE OF IMMORTALITY
- Incomplete – the character cannot die from old age or sickness. They can be killed by violent means – that is, they can be burned, shot, stoned, quartered, hanged, drowned, bled to death, etc. Or the character has a weakness (like silver bullets with werewolves) or there is a certain artifact that can kill them. Examples: elves (Lord of the Rings and Inheritance Cycle; can die violent deaths); angels (Supernatural; can by killed by angel blades or godlike power); vampires (can be torn to pieces and burned, stabbed with wood stakes, beheaded, etc.); werewolves (silver bullet); Voldemort (Harry Potter; can be killed if his horcruxes are destroyed as well); zombies (headshot)
- Complete – the character is immortal no matter what happens. They can be torn apart atom by atom and age a billions years and still look like twenty-somethings. Granted, characters that have complete immortality are often too powerful to capture or torture anyway. Examples: most gods/God; personifications of Death
- Conditional Immortality – the character needs to do something to preserve their immortality. Characters must perform certain rites – bathing in virgin’s blood seems common – or take the essence of a certain compound, or pray to gods, or become mortal for one day out of the year. If they fail to do the action, the character will become mortal and possibly revert to their true age within a matter of seconds. Examples: immortals (Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel; mortals swear obedience to their god in return for immortality); that crazy doctor guy (Supernatural; had to constantly look for fresh organs to replace his decayed ones); the Queen (Snow White and the Huntsman; had to have virgin’s blood); gods (American Gods; needed worship)
- Unconditional Immortality – the character is granted/born with immortality and don’t need to do anything to sustain it. Examples: elves (LOTR); gods
Fox News headlines v. real headlines, part 2425183.
The brunette part is really important.
Fun fact, our hair color reveals our place in pansexual society. Blondes are our record keepers. The great librarians, they collect, analyze, store, and distribute information to the rest of us. They are blonde because they reflect the light of knowledge. Those with Black Hair are our inventors. They investigate, produce, and teach new technologies so that we may thrive in future times. Their hair is black because of their frequent dives into the void of the unknown. Brunettes are our ambassadors. They interact with people, plants, and animals, forging bonds that can protect us when we are threatened. Their hair is brown because of their deep connection to the earth.
And as for redheads.
You don’t want to know the purpose of the Red Heads. But may their hellfire consume our enemies.
Heartbreaking Simpsons Moments 1/∞: Bart Gets an F
I never understood why it’s an F if he gets more than half out of 100? Unless it’s more than 100. If you get more than half the answers right how is it an F?
You must not be from America. Here, grading is fucked up.
Average American Grading Scale:
A - 94-96
A- - 90-93
F- 59 and under
And in some places in America it goes by a 7 point scale, so it’d be
A - 100-93
B - 92-85
C - 84-78
D - 77-70
F - 69 and below
Now you understand why American kid’s feel like there’s no point to school. If you have a 100 question text, and get 79 of them correct, that’s a C. That mean’s your Average Intelligence on this particular subject. And it get’s even worse when you have only like… a 10 question quiz. If you get two wrong? that’s a B. 80 fucking %. Now tell me again why American school’s are easier?
No wait but whats the grading system in other countries?
UK Grading Scale
Below 40: F
next time you try to tell americans that we’re stupid
i’m gonna remind you
that our “average” is your “A”
#is that true?
Yep I was shocked when I heard this in a different post but a Google search pulls up a ton of sites backing this up.
Shit son I woulda passed College Algebra with an A in the UK. And I spent the end of the semester in perpetual fear that I would fail and have to retake the class.
And basically as an American you’re expected to get 80 or higher. Technically 70s are considered ‘average’ but there is such a level of pressure to get a B or higher, that Cs have become equal to Ds. Basically anything under 60 you might as well gotten a 0, and anything between 60-80 is considered practically failing. So basically schools have to be designed to make sure majority of students are getting 80s or higher on specific topics, which means you’re spending all your time going over a few choice facts a billion times and there is very little room to teach anything else. Which explains why American schools are of such low quality. The insane demand on the students ends up wrecking their education. Not only do you not have time to teach them anything, but they end up hating learning. Even outside of school your life is dedicated to memorizing these few dumb facts because your homework ends up taking hours of your time. A teacher from one subject says they expect you to spend 2 hours every night on their homework. And if you’re studying 5 subjects and they all demand that 2 hours? Good fucking luck, because if you don’t have straight all 80s or higher you’re not getting into a good college and college degrees have somehow become the minimum requirement for getting jobs.
I spent most of my junior year of high school in a state of constant panic that I was going to get a C in Honors Physics much less fail the class. If I got a C on my report card, I was grounded until the next one. I lost count of the times I’d wake up at five in the morning to take the early bus to go in for zero hour before school actually started for the day
File this under the exact reason so many Americans detest going to school.
So apparently in my sister’s class, there was a trans girl that had been on the cheerleading squad for a while. When she came out, the other girls on the squad made the agreement that whatever boy made fun of her would never get a date. And if you think that’s not the most metal girl alliance ever, you can sit down.
Wow, 500 notes
Girls protecting girls.
GIRLS PROTECTING GIRLS
• shirts actually designed for girls with larger chests
• plus size clothing ACTUALLY intended to accommodate plus size people not just scaled up littler clothing
• clothes for tall people that won’t ride up
• pants for people with no butts
• cute bras in bigger sizes
•the fashion industry’s understanding that there’s lots of body types and every body type deserves to feel good in the clothes they wear
REGULATED SHIRT SIZES SO THAT I DON’T HAVE A SKIN-TIGHT XL AND A BAGGY-ASS MOTHERFUCKING LARGE THAT HANGS OFF OF ME.
WHAT IS AIR?
YOU GOT YOUR SEX ADDICTS
YOU GOT YOUR GEEKS
YOU GOT YOUR FOREIGNERS
YOU GOT YOUR ALIENS
YOU GOT YOUR BASKETBALL PLAYERS
YOU GOT THE PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU’RE HIGH WHEN YOU’RE JUST FROM TUMBLR
YOU GOT YOUR VOLDEMORTS
YOU GOT YOUR INDIAN PEOPLE WHO THINK OMEGLE IS A GAME SHOW
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST YOU GOT YOUR FELLOW TUMBLR TROLLS
YOU GOT YOUR CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
You got your Voldemorts
The Walmart game.
I dont know if I can top that.
hold on I got this
i would totally get this.
this is my favourite post on tumblr
IT GOT BETTER
good lord we are all psychopaths
Tumblr u need some help
I love this site